I’m only sharing tweets for those who are not on twitter and can’t see how passionate and outraged journalists are as they tweet from #Ferguson.
If you are on Twitter, here’s a good roster of people to follow if you want to keep updated.
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza
Some updates on Tuesday afternoon’s shooting of a young black man in North St. Louis by police.
Keep in mind, the knife he was holding was a butter knife, according to eye witnesses.
For those who are interested, here’s the firsthand account from the Amnesty observers’ team, who are still in Ferguson, of what they experienced last night. You can also find some of the personal Twitters of the team members on that page.
If you’re just catching up, this is Amnesty USA’s press release from when they first dispatched observers (their own link is broken) and a more personal blog post from a member of the delegation.
Will The Circle Be Unbroken
Courtnee Draper, Troy Baker
while I was getting in character for Booker when I cosplayed him I listened to this interchangably with ‘What the Water Gave Me’ by Florence and the Machine.
I cried I think
A completely incompetent police force in action. Unrest in Ferguson, Part 3
After high school you realize you were only friends with some people because you saw them five times a week.
- (via dcaprio)
too little too late
At a deposition, Ferguson’s former police chief revealed that his staff did not keep records of incidents in which officers used force against citizens, so long as no one died; in other words, there was no way of telling how often incidents like Davis’ happened.
remember shit like this when they talk about how mike brown’s shooter had no disciplinary record
Love “Da Man Wit the Chips” but Jameila White is the new “Protest MVP.” #staywoke #trill
you know what i want to know
how the fuck did mr salt and mrs pepper make a fucking cinnamon shaker for a baby
solve that mystery steve
THAT IS PAPRIKA YOU IGNORANT SLUT
EXCUSE ME ASSHOLE THAT IS CINNAMON HE WAS BORN IN THE FOURTH SEASON
PAPRIKA LOOKS LIKE THIS
THAT’S FUCKING PAPRIKA
SHE’S CINNAMON’S OLDER SISTER
GOD DAMN TUMBLR I AM FUCKING DONE WITH YOUR SHIT
tumblr gets heated over blue’s clues
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.